Sunday, November 30, 2008

15 weeks and counting...

Unbelievably, this week marked 15 weeks with little baby. That means, by the end of next week I will be 4 months pregnant already. We are nearing the halfway point!

The second trimester has brought some relief from the food aversions and tiredness, and I am realizing I must have felt worse in general than I even realized. It couldn't have come at a better time, because my inspiration was starting to suffer, and that isn't good when you are essentially getting an art degree.

We had our second prenatal visit 2 weeks ago, at 13 weeks, and got to hear the little one's heart beating away! There is a video, in case you haven't seen it yet....



It was much slower than at the ultrasound, I think because someone was still sleeping in there. :)

We are coming up on the "big" ultrasound, when we will be able to find out if I am growing a boy or a girl. I'm hoping to schedule it right before Christmas--it will be a good Christmas present to finally know!

Until then, there's not much to report. The belly is starting to expand a little, and I can only imagine it's going to be all downhill from here. :) Not that I mind, I'm totally ready to have a visual reminder of little baby, and especially to start feeling movement. With time going as fast as it is, I won't have long to wait I'm sure!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I can't believe you aren't in maternity pants yet! I am jealous as it seems like I was in maternity the moment I found out!

I am excited for your ultrasound. Everytime I have been pregnant with family members we end up having the opposite sex babies!

Just for fun here is a Chinese Gender Chart link. It's suppose to have a 90 percent success rate at guessing the Baby's sex!

http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/ttcsigns/0,,j736,00.html