Thursday, February 12, 2009

for some reason...

It's the dads with little girls that get me the most. Today we were in Target, walking up towards the registers and there was the sweetest little girl, maybe 3 or so, walking with her dad kind of along side of us. She was pointing out Curious George and chattering away, and then she paused and said "I love you daddy."

And those are the kind of moments where I really feel the extent of my heartbreak. We will never get those moments with Layla, and it kills me.

Aside from the little things like this though, I have been doing pretty well. The last month has felt like several years because of how much I've changed as a person, and I'm starting to be able to apply that new perspective to my (our) plans for the future.

In unrelated news, I set up the comments so you don't have to have a blogger account anymore. You just have to click on Name/URL and put in your name. SO if you are reading, you should leave me a note! And if you have had trouble commenting in the past (ahem, Mom) it will be easier now. :)

1 comment:

Ms. Julie said...

Jesse & Aleina-
My heart hurts for you & you are constantly in my prayers. Thank you for the glimpse into your lives & thoughts. Your Layla is so beautiful - thank you for sharing her with us.

This is a blog that I love - I knew the mom when I was in college & she was in High School. They lost their daughter last May. They write so beautifully of their grief and life that while I have no idea what it is like to loose a child, they have touched my heart and changed me with their trials. http://jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com

((hugs)) & prayers-
Julie