Sunday, March 8, 2009

Layla in the sand...

I recently sent Layla's name in to the website To Write Their Names in the Sand.
It was started by someone who had a stillborn son and, after having a dream about him playing on their local white sand beach, she decided to create a memorial for all children who have left this earth by writing their names in the sand there.
Layla's page is here. It was posted yesterday, and makes me equally happy and sad to see her honored there among the ever-growing list of names. You can leave a message on her page if you are interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aleina and Jesse,

Please let me know if you receive this since I don't know if you read e-mail anymore and I"m not a Facebook person. I can be reached at petersenmarylou@aol.com
I wonder if comments on this blog get viewed.
I love the sand print of Layla's name on the beach. You both are thought of often here by George and me.
Sending you our love,
ML and George